The suburb of Essendon North is 10 kilometres northwest of Melbourne’s Central Business District. It is under the local government area of the City of Moonee Valley and has a population of more or less than 3,000.
Essendon Airport is only a short distance away from the neighbourhood of Essendon North. In 1921, the Commonwealth Government declared the airport, which had previously been named St Johns after an early landowner. Since 1930, local people have complained about noise on a regular basis. Commercial international flights began flying out of the new Melbourne Airport in 1970, followed by commercial domestic flights in 1971.
Essendon North was dominated by huge trees, deep gullies, and reed-fringed lagoons when Essendon Methodist Church was constructed in 1886. In the summer, Mount Alexander Road, often known as “the main roadway,” was dusty. Bullock drays churned the mud axle-deep during the winter. From this bleak start arose the North Essendon Uniting Church, which continues to spread Christ’s message over the world. The Church continues to serve the community from which it arose, as well as refugees and other parishioner community’s multicultural makeup.
The Rotary Club of North Essendon presented the beautiful Rotary Commemorative Clock to the City of Moonee Valley. This was to commemorate the birth of Rotary International which was founded in 1906 in Chicago, Illinois. Rotary is a non-profit community service organization with a global reach. This commemorative clock is a real eye-catcher. The pedestal, which stands roughly 10 metres tall and is topped with the recognizable gear-wheel Rotary logo, is designed in a Modernist style. The clock is located at a major four-way crossroads. The clock is visible to everyone driving along Bulla Road from the airport. The Rotary clock, unlike certain commemorative clocks, always keeps accurate time. The commercial clock is a prominent component of the streetscape in North Essendon. It’s clear to see.Call Us Enquire Now